I had a lady drop by my office the other day wanting to connect to our file shares from our Mac.
My exposure to Macs are pretty limited, mainly because I think they’re and expensive, over simplified facebook viewer (but they’re not all bad), so I quickly Binged “mac osx windows shares” (that’s right, I didn’t use google).
The first link that appeared was: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1568
Thanks to the info in this link, I found the procedure to be as follows:
- Click on the desktop (so the “Finder” menu appears)
- Select the “Go” menu group
- Select the option “Connect to server…”
- Type in your server and share in the following format: smb://server/sharename
- Type in your domain credentials
And thanks to a good search engine it took 15-30 seconds to find out how to access the share then actually do it.